Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

She's Got Moxie...


Blogger has decided to post these photos backwards, so I'll work backwards...

Here is the toddler tune car Santa brought MaryAlice. She's already attempted to stand inside the car and has slid underneath the front-end and given me just a mild heart attack. I think this is just the start of a life raising a daredevil
She was so happy my sister's cat (aka my sister's family's cat) obliged her desire to pet and hug a real life kitty since my cat is too old and grouchy. Santa gave her a couple of stuffed kittys which she loves; even the one that sounds like a hyena that's been hit by a car. the batteries on that one may have to give out real soon.

Here are a few of her first visit to the beach. It took her a couple of minutes to move her feet in the sand, but she loved it. She is a water baby and has no fear...great (said with much sarcasm).



Here's her first trip down a slide with my nephew. I suspect it's his last by the look of fear on his face. I took her down the slide once and ended up leaving the top layer of skin from my thigh on the slide. I was all too happy to make it to the bottom though without toppling over the side. We're looking into a liability issue with the Home Owners Association, so I can't comment too much, but these photos should help our case. LOL! The fact that my sister is on the HOA board may be problematic, however!!



Here are the cute baby, scary mommy photos. Those Sarah Palin glasses have got to go, but ya' gotta love the panda slippers. What one will do to amuse their child!!




I just love this photo! She's like a mini-linebacker just looking for trouble.



MaryAlice is so excited for Santa's arrival, she can hardly stand it!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

She is so cute! love the photos. Looks like she had a great Christmas.

9:50 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

WOW she is growing like crazy. I love the Linebacker Photo too cute.. It looks like you all had a great holiday. Sophia got the same Car for Christmas maybe they can go cruising sometime LOL...

8:38 AM  
Blogger Stephe said...

I'm a bit sappy today and my blog is up in the background playing "Happy Day" by Aretha Franklin as I'm reading your blog!! So, of course it fits perfect with all the photos. I've got to stop this crying!
I LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

she is precious!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Looks like you had a great day!! She is so cute and I Love how she is so brave!! LOVE all the pics!

9:18 AM  
Blogger the mommy said...

I love the pictures even more the second time around...

Go look at my Sunflowers and Ladybug blog you have been tagged..

10:45 PM  
Blogger Trudi said...

Mary Alice is just adorable in these photos. With her spirit, I say get her on skis next winter! she'll be great!!!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters