Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Sunday, November 09, 2008







My how time flies!! We've been home 2 months and my girl is 14 months old. She wasn't too into the cupcake, so perhaps for her 15th month birthday, we'll celebrate with green beans and sweet potatoes...she loves those.

All is well in our household and she is just blossoming; sprouting two more teeth on the bottom, almost ready to have her bangs trimmed and putting some miles on her shoes. We're pretty set in a routine during the week and it goes something like this:

5:30am Mom wakes up to shower, eat breakfast, make lunch, hair, make-up, dress.
6:45am Mom wakes MaryAlice up for bath (don't ask), bottle, breakfast, dress.
7:45am Goal time to leave for daycare
8:15am Mom arrives at work
2:30pm Mom starts watching the clock to see how much longer to see MA.
5:00pm Mom picks up MaryAlice at daycare and we sing on the ride home.
5:20pm Dinner
6:00pm Second bath (don't ask).
6:30pm Bottle and bed for MA, as she is worn out from daycare.
7:00pm Mom cleans kitchen, house, and prepares for next day.

So, needless to say, the weekends are family time. I really try to limit the number of errands I have to do and social engagements (ha!) just so I can spend as much fun time as possible with her. My favorite time is right after her afternoon nap and I just lie on the floor in her room while she plays. She loves carrying her board books to me and when I say, "Come sit on mommy's lap so I can read to you"...she gets this huge smile on her face and claps her hands. She'll sit for about 2 pages and is off to pick up another book.

I know there are other things I wanted to post, but for the life of me, I can't remember what they are! I'm slowly getting through my current "To Do" list which consists of organizing all the paperwork from China in a special file box and finishing unpacking. Yes, you heard that right...I'm still unpacking. I have a suitcase of stuff that I bought for MaryAlice to celebrate Family Day over the years and it's still sitting in a corner of my bedroom. Is that bad?

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hi Sharon!

MA is just so adorable! My how she's changed so much! It seems like you are having the time of your life!

Karen

1:55 PM  
Blogger Stephe said...

Oh, I'm in LOVE with that last photo! She is so darn happy!!!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE HER!!!!!!
She has become a toddler now oh so old!!! and I think the halloween costume is her completely!!
she it is not so hard to be a mom- yeah right!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

Too cute Sharon.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Cheri and Shane said...

Love all the pictures....the last one is my favorite!! :)

6:15 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Those pictures are classic.. save those for her wedding day..Your day sounds like mine.. There is nothing better then that mommy baby time..

Hugs
Susan

11:27 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hi Sharon!
MA is just too cute for words! Laying on the floor playing with our babies is the best! MA sounds like a mamma's girl to me!
Love,
Di

8:28 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

MA is just so cute and i am so glad that everythign is going well. So glad to hear that you are still unpacking..I feel like I will never get there!

3:10 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

This post was a good kick in the pants for me. I know I'm still sick, but I've been feeling very sorry for myself today and irritated that I am facing more days in the house with germs and bugs (#2 son came off the bus and headed to bed with a sore throat and headache). Seeing how early you get up and go out each day makes me re-adjust my selfish thinking.

And love the pics. Our girl favors veggies and fruit over sweets and treats too. Turned up her nose at cookies in favor of peas. That's just crazy talk.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters