Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Friday, October 31, 2008

There's Been a Ladybug Sighting!!







And a Glow Worm Sighting...



And, my first piece of refrigerator art...


Pretty much a full week, if you ask me!! I'm going to do a bullet post since that is about all the creativity I can muster tonight.

>It only took a week, but MaryAlice has had the snotty, runny nose that I knew would come soon enough with daycare...but geesh, only a week??

>Why is it I can't seem to get out the door in the mornings without having to change two poopy diapers?

>Daycare is going well. For the past two mornings, she's waved good-bye and blown a kiss. By 3pm, I'm watching the clock until I can go pick her up. She's tired and hungry, so I get to feed her dinner, bathe her, give the coveted bottle and maybe a little playtime/book read, but she's usually asleep by 7pm, so weekends are going to be all about family time.

>I was so excited to receive my first piece of refrigerator art, my eyes actually welled up...and I'm not a crier. I think MaryAlice's color selection and the flow of the lines demonstrate some real talent...almost Picasso-ish!

>Not too many Trick-or-Treaters this year, so it looks like I'll be eating candy for awhile. I'm okay with that. I may even go turn my porch light off.

That's all for now. I'm off to write more thank-you notes. I mailed about a dozen thank-you notes from China at the end of August...a friend of mine just received hers yesterday..seriously???

8 Comments:

Blogger the mommy said...

I think you have an artiest on your hands... I am very impressed...

Mary Alice looks so adorable in her Ladybug costume. Next year you all come over and we will trick or treat together....

Hugs
Susan

7:28 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

That is the cutest ladybug I've ever seen... With that beautiful smile I'm sure she got extra treats. Thanks for sharing a small part of your life with those of us still waiting...Linda

1:09 PM  
Blogger Stephe said...

I especially LOVE the 4th photo down! Great Pictures!!!!
Definately an Art-eeest!!!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said...

I bet this little ladybug can bring the best luck, ever. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Happy Halloween!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

She's a very cute lady bug. I see a real talent there, MA! Wow! That's amazing.

Hugs,
Lori

5:03 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

SOphia is sitting here with me and she will not stop kissing MA's pictures. It is too cute..

7:02 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Love the costume! I gotta get Jake's photos up online...we all dressed up. :) We didn't go anywhere but we were festive.
Love the art work! I see some true talent!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh Sharon,
I just love Mary Alice in the ladybug costume. She is so cute. Her drawings are just amazing.She has changed so much.
Hugs
Kathy

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters