Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Disney, Santa and Another Cupcake!!


We had our first visit to The Magic Kingdom on Sunday. It was a perfect day, if not a bit chilly in the morning. We did a couple of rides and The Country Bear Jamboree. The waits are a nice arm work-out for me! Four hours was just enough for both of us, and she slept all the way back to the car.

This is the first Christmas tree I looked at in Home Depot. The salesgirl held it up for me and I said, "Looks good enough". Who does that???



She ate a little bit more of her cupcake this month. The last photo demonstrates her lastest trick of sweeping all her food on the floor when she's done. I've been limiting the amount of food I put on the tray at one time, but I'm open to any suggestions. She always gives me a warning about 2 seconds after she's done it by saying, "Ut oh". Her latest word is "duh-tee"...dirty. Nice!!!


This is the best we could get. The first one she was looking at Santa, but I want to be able to see her eyes. The last one she was in the midst of a meltdown, which isn't necessarily at bad look for your first Santa photo. I think this one captures the moment she's thinking, "Holy crap! Why does this man have fur on his face and I don't recall saying that I wanted to sit in his lap?"

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephe said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos. The Disney one is GREAT and the Santa one is PRICELESSS!! LOve the tree too!!! Hugs to MA!!!!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Kelly And Allison said...

I came cross your blog and love it. Your daughter is beautiful. Love her eyes. I also live in Orlando and have two girls from China. One is almost five, one just turned 3. We often go to Winter Park during the weekend for farmer's market.

Tina

9:09 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

OK I said it earlier but i mean it that photo of the 2 of you at Disney should be your Christmas card it is beautiful. I love the Santa picture too she looks like she is going to slide right off of his lap. As for the food thing just buy a good broom LOL I have the same problem with Sophia...short of feeding her everything nothing has worked..

4:17 PM  
Blogger NorasMommy said...

You do such a great job with the monthly cupcakes. I meant to do that. I really did (I was going to do it each month after family day), but then I missed the first one and it was all over before it started!

Ditto Susan's comment about the Disney photo - it's so cute!

Jennifer

9:05 PM  
Blogger Florida Guy said...

What a great picture! I don't think I have ever seen you happier! I know how challenging the past few years have been and I really believe you have made some great choices in your life! You are completely surrounded by those that truly love and care about you!
This is how life is supposed to be!

Jim

9:24 PM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

everyone needs a scary santa photo

3:18 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE the Santa picture!! We're slow on our monthly picture as Jake has been sick...102 temp. :( And I think he is cutting his first tooth! Wish us luck! :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger April said...

Love the picture in front of the Castle..... I was raised 10 minutes from Disneyland in California. I LOVE Disney! The picture is priceless, you both look so happy, and I am so happy and excited for you both and the life you will lead.

Love Ya~
April

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters