Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Busy Week...






My creativity has done left me tonight, so I'll just state the facts. We had the hearing for Recognition of Foreign Adoption on Thursday and while it's a big deal to me, the day did not turn out quite as I thought it would. The judge decided to take all the other cases before the adoption cases, so a 45 minute wait just about sent MaryAlice over the edge. She spit up on the both of us, banged on the table, kicked her shoe off in the middle of the proceeding and stuck her hand in a closing elevator door, giving everyone on the elevator a heart attack. Other than that, the day went smoothly and I can now get her Florida Foreign Birth Certificate.

I was a bit premature in my last post, stating that the teething was going well. The 1st year molars are a bit more painful coming in and MA's sleeping has been interrupted because of the pain. I don't mind. I drag her in bed with me and she settles right down (that and a little Tylenol). There's nothing better than a snuggling with your baby and watching her sleep. I need that extra cup of coffee in the afternoon, but I don't care. It's so worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn said...

A Big Congrats on MA readoption. Wjhat a big day. MA looks so sweet and happy.

(((hugs)))
Evelyn

11:15 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Aww Sharon Congrats on getting that step done. It figures that things would go the way your day went right? LOL .... You are right there is nothing better then snuggling a baby girl definitely worth the extra coffee in the afternoon...

10:42 AM  
Blogger Trudi said...

Congrats on getting through that court day - no fun for you, I am sure.

A teething tip!!! Get some Hyland's Teething Tablets (I got some for my beautiful granddaughter Aila at a vitamin-holistic health store). In LA we can also get them at Whole Foods and many drug stores and supermarkets. Pink and blue box.
They are holistic and natural and they will solve the teething issue and save the baby and you a lot of grief. While you are at it, pick up some of their Earache tablets to have on hand for emergencies.
All my young friends with children swear by both so I pass it along to you and your precious daughter!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters