Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

How Sweet Is This???


I love these "You'll shoot your eye out Ralphie" pajamas!! And if you don't know what I'm talking about, turn on TBS on Christmas Day and the mystery will be solved. I can't wait until MaryAlice is old enough to watch all the Christmas shows. Its not going to happen this year since she's asleep by 6:30pm most nights.

Sorry, no more photos. I carry my camera with me at all times, but somehow (I don't know what's occupying my mind!!) I get busy and forget to pull it out. I am proud to say that I do have my Christmas cards ready to be be addressed and sent out...impressive, I know.

I will have my camera with me this coming week for our date with the judge. Our hearing for the Recognition of Foreign Adoption proceeding is scheduled and we're ready to cross this step off the list. MaryAlice became a US Citizen as soon as the wheels hit the tarmack in Detroit. This hearing is a formality to enable me to obtain a State of Florida Birth Certificate for her in the future. The final step will be to apply for a US passport for her. But enough of this boring stuff...

MaryAlice's first year molars are making their presense known and other than gnawing on her index finger, she's actually doing okay. She's starting to say "Mama" and I think she knows what she's saying...unlike "dada" which I, uhh, can't right now, so we'll chaulk that up to nonsensical baby babble! We're having a battle with her wanting to play with her food. She does this little finger flicking action, that sends it flying. This too shall pass.

I promise more photos later this week.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

adorable. love the thumb just barely sticking in the mouth :)

and christmas cards? ugh! we were gonna get our pics done last weekend, but li'l empress banged up her forehead and it's still discolored. so now i'm behind on that too. humph!

2:12 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

There is nothing more cute than a sleeping baby sucking their thumb.

OK so are you trying to make me feel bad? Christmas cards ready to mail really? That and the Recognition is done...WOW you are really a super mommy! good job :)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

She is the cutest thing, Sharon. Mr. H thinks she has the most beautiful hair going. Awwww! I could just eat her up ! I wanted to hold her so bad the other day. Maybe next time??

Hugs,
Lori**

6:54 PM  
Blogger pt81 said...

Sharon she gets cuter with every picture! PS. Just to let you know, us non-mamas haven't even thought of christmas cards yet!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters