Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Water Fun!







You may look at these photos and see a baby in a Blow-up pool, but I like to think of it as an At-Home Pulmonary Function Test. No COPD here. For my next trick, I will inflate a bounce house without mechanical assistance. I decided I needed to get on the stick and get her in it before it starts to cool down here. I haven't taken her to the beach yet and hope to be able to do that, as well.

We've started the transition to daycare, or "school" as I like to call it. So far, so good. I think the transition is more for my benefit than hers. I'm having her stay a little longer each day and will work up to full time. I get a schedule each week of what they are doing in about 9 different categories (gross motor, fine motor, language, music, socialization, outside activity, circle time, etc). I cheat and sing the songs to her the day before and on the way to school, so she recognizes them and can clap at the right time. LOL! I love watching her interact with the other kids...as much as 1 year olds interact with each other!! Usually it's, "Hey, gimme that toy". I can't wait to start getting crafts to decorate my refrigerator.

Other than that, its pretty routine around here and that's okay. Routine is our friend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephe said...

Oooh, I love the pictures of MA! I'm so jealous of your weather right now. It's a bit nippy up here.

Please keep us posted on daycare stuff. I'm hanging on to your every word and learn through you! Thanks. Stephe

6:47 AM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

Sharon - you always seem to crack me up! I cannot believe you have to go back to work already. You are so smart by transitioning MA into daycare. She is so cute and I know that you are still on cloud 9.

7:19 AM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Your posts always make me giggle! I love the first pic - and for now, yes, it's absolutely the clothes MA, it's the clothes. Plenty of time later to worry about what else makes our thighs fat :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Sharon - you've been tagged! Ain't I a stinker!? Go to my blog and see what it's all about.

2:30 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Ooo she looks great in Yellow and pink..I love the saggy diaper look of babies in bathing suites..

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters