Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Red Couch Photo Day!














Here are some photos of the Red Couch Photo Shoot. MaryAlice did okay for about 20 seconds and then started crying! But that probably means good luck...like rain on your wedding day.

The rest of the day we just walked around the island, had some lunch at Starbuck's and window shopped (okay actually a few purchases were made). In one of the stores, this yellow tabby cat was meandering around and appears to be hanging on to his ninth life by a thread. He's missing his left rear foot from a car accident a couple of years ago and yacked up a furball while we were there. I felt right at home! I've also included a picture of Jordan who took a large portion of our money! LOL! There's also a picture of The White Swan Hotel and the view of the Pearl River from the lobby.

MaryAlice fought her afternoon nap and I ended up taking her downstairs and standing under the waterfall for about 30 minutes in her sling. She's zonked out, but it's almost 6pm and I'm going to be in trouble when it comes time to put her bed tonight. She was such a delight this afternoon, smiling at the shopkeepers and waving bye-bye. I can't wait to get her in an open area that she can just practice her walking freely without fear of her hitting something.

Tomorrow afternoon we have the US Consulate Swearing Ceremony and I'll get her Visa. I also need to start packing stuff since we'll leave very early on Thursday morning to come home. I'm a little nervous about how she's going to do confined in a plane for the long 12 hour flight between Tokyo and Detroit. But I'm more nervous about having to change a poopy diaper in the bathroom of the plane...yikes!! Is that why duct tape is on every packing list I reviewed???

9 Comments:

Blogger Mistress Rosalee said...

WEll no wonder she was upset, what woman wants to go to a party and find another woman wearing the same outfit???

You've got a little one on your hands that knows exactly what she wants and when she wants it. A sign of a happy and secure baby.

Wish I had a good suggestion for the airplane poopy diaper changing. Have you considered buying lots of nose cilps and handing them out to your fellow passengers?

Elizabeth

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

That's a good idea, but maybe I'll do candy or something. The good news is that they'll be other families in the same boat, unless MaryAlice decides to be the center of attention!

Sharon

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so amazing how every new pics we can see the bond between you two growing,it makes me so happy for you both. Can you explain the "Red Couch" pics I am not sure if you told me about it? Maryalice however looks cute on it.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Christen Halliday said...

The picture of you and MaryAlice is beautiful! She looks like such a happy little girl! I hope that you have a safe trip home. Hopefully she will cooperate on the plane :)

Christen

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

Wow, she just continues to open up. You can even see it in the pictures! It is amazing what alot of love and food will do huh? At least the love of a mom.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do great with the learning curve with your great sense of humor.
Pix are great.
Rosemary

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Hi Sharon and MaryAlice! You two look so good together. Thanks for sharing with us. We'll see you soon.

Hugs,
Lori & Andy H

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you go into the airplane bathroom, look for the diaper changing(pull down)table that comes down over the toilet. It makes for a tight squeeze, but diaper changing isn't a problem at all with that! Enjoy the rest of your time in China. I have a Guangdong girl and Mary Alice reminds me of my baby when she was a baby...now she is six! Oh my!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home! You'll do fine with the diaper changing.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters