Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

More Travel Tips for those Waiting....


...and a gratuitous naked baby pose. That one was for you Cathy E!!

Here are some more thoughts on packing for those waiting:

1) Again, I'm glad I brought the Thermos.
2) I'm glad I took my mother's advice and threw in some 18 month clothes. She doesn't fit into two 12 month pajamas that I brought. I think she will fit into her other 12 months for another 3 days, maybe 4.
3) I'm glad I brought the little individual packets of instant coffee and condiments (even if it meant being almost stripped searched in the Tokyo airport). I like a cup of coffee first thing in the morning).
4) I wished I packed more clothes for myself and MaryAlice. Although laundry is cheap, I'd rather not have to do it every other day. I don't know how I would have packed more though, a I was right at the weight limit of 44 lbs.
5) I almost wish I brought a couple of jars or baby food or Graduates just to have in the room to feed MaryAlice for lunch. It's hard living out of a hotel and having to eat out every meal. I can always give her a bottle, but would like to have some solid food to give her.
6) I'm glad I packed snacks, but should have packed more, especially the healthy ones. It was a couple of days before we got to a decent grocery to buy anything and the 7-11 out side the hotel is about the 1/8 of the size of a US store.
7) The Starbucks on the island is your friend. You can have ice, free internet, air conditioning and good sandwiches...oh, and a decent vanilla iced latte.
8) Pack a swimsuit and swimmers for the baby. MaryAlice loves the pool and it is nice to cool off.
9) Bring my sister and sister-in-law with you. They're good for taking orders, carrying the diaper bag, bargaining for a $14 stroller, getting food off the buffet for baby, general baby care advice and delivering take out food to your room. They have been invaluable!

That's it for now...little one is squirming and is now awake!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Aaaw, not fair! I can't have your sister and sister-in-law with me. I hope The Boss takes direction well :)

Thanks for the tips - I'm loving them. In 20 minutes, it'll be 7 days till we leave Newark :)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters