Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Now I Can't Sleep!



She's zonked and now I'm so keyed up, I can't sleep!
I've already broken the cardinal rule and woke MaryAlice up to give her a bottle. She was drowsy when I gave it to her, but sucked it right down. She had a long journey today from the orphanage (4-5 hours) and I couldn't go to sleep without getting some fluids in her. I also changed her diaper and put pajanas on her. All while she was sleeping. She's spread eagle in her crib, cooing and sighing while she sleeps. She's a thumb-sucker! I also wanted to get a good look at her. Her skin is just perfect. No bug bites and the cutest little belly button. She has a nice tan, too. She has two bottom teeth and I think 4 top teeth from what I could see. No smiles yet, but probably tomorrow. I bet she wakes up a new girl. She made eye contact a couple of times and I tried the Cheerio trick and it worked a couple of times. There was just so much going on at the Civil Affairs office, crying babies, etc. that I think it scared her.
I must go to bed now. Now that she's tucked in with a full belly and clean diaper, I feel better.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Sharon! MaryAlice is so beautiful and you make new mommyhood look so easy! Keep those pictures coming, we are all cheering for you!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!she is sooo cute! I can't wait to see her in person!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Shay Shay,
Mary Alice is the cutest baby ever. She so funny when she is sleeping. I can't wait to see her soon.
Tony M

2:21 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh, Sharon ....we're so happy for you and Mary Alice. She's adorable!!

Hugs,
Lori & Andy H

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words cannot express our excitement! You look beautiful together! Congratulations MOM!

Love,
Dave, Cathy, Abby, Andrew

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon-
We are so happy for you. She is a beautiful child. Enjoy your new family!

Jane and Damian

5:17 PM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

congrats she is beautiful!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters