Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Monday, September 01, 2008

She's a Beauty!!!!













She is just the sweetest baby!! How do I report on the day's events....




We went to the Civil Affairs Office which is on the 8th floor and hot, hot, hot. Other families arrived after we got there and it was chaotic. The Maonan babies were late getting there and we were able to see them come in. MaryAlice was in a baby papoose on the back of one of the nannies. About 10 minutes later, I heard a man behind me say, "Nan Qi Guo" and I turned around and said, "This is it...get the camera!" It all happened so fast. They put her in my arms and she just looked around and was very quiet. Our guide said there are four types of babies that come...1) Happy Baby 2) Crying Baby 3) Serious Baby 4) Prefers One Parent Baby. I got serious baby! We spent about about 45 minutes of "bonding" time and then signed the papers for the 24 Period of Harmonization. We gave the donation and gifts to the nannies. During this time, I was like the drill sargent to my sisters, "Get the book, get me Cheerrios, get me a toy". Thank God they were there!! Monica got some additional information translated from the nanny. She was sponsored thru the Half The Sky Infant Nurture program, so I got a whole journal of updates and photos from them. I also got back the camera that I had sent, so we're going to get those developed. She's teething and keeps either chewing on her index finger or sucking her thumb. She fell asleep on the bus ride back to the hotel and is sleeping in her crib. There's more to post, but I want to get this out for everyone to see.


She looks very healthy and has thick hair. I have a photo of when she was a week old and she had tons of black hair! Anyway, that's it for now. I'm a mom!!


Now, do I wake the sleeping baby to change her, feed her???? She's had a long day!!



24 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you got "very content" baby! She seems very at home in your arms! congratulations!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You look like a natural!! I am so ahppy for you! No, do not wake a sleeping baby, this is probally her way of coping. Good Luck!

6:30 AM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Oh Sharon she is a beautiful baby. Congratulations... We woke up this morning and Riz said Sharon has Mary Alice so I ran right down to check to see if you posted. We are so happy for you...

and to answer your question DO NOT WAKE A SLEEPING BABY EVER! LOL......

6:36 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

She's absolutely gorgeous! Just precious. Congratulations Mom!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I woke up in the middle of the night and thought "she has the baby" and went back to sleep. Congratulations Sharon! She looks so cuddly.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Connie J said...

Yes, Sharon, you are a mom!!! Congratulations! What a beautiful baby. Just take in all these 'first' moments.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon I am so happy for you
Mary Alice is beautiful little girl
and is lucky to have a great Mommy I am so very happy for you

7:33 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Sharon,
She is absolutely beautiful. I have happy tears(ok so I guess I do cry happy tears), your pictures are wonderful and she looks so happy and definitely serious.

Enjoy your time and Congratulations Mom.

Sandi

8:08 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Congratulations Sharon! She is a beautiful baby. I was looking at your post with my 2 yr old daughter, showing her MaryAlice, and she pointed to you in the picture and said "Baby's Mommy." So it is official: even a two year old can tell you are a Mommy! Congratulations again!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Sharon! Oh, wow, OMG, MaryAlice is so pretty! She's right where she belongs! No, don't wake up that sleeping angel, let her rest, when she wakes up you can feed her and change her. WOW, congratulations Mama!

8:22 AM  
Blogger S and H said...

Oh Sharon!! She reminds me so much of Izabella! She is so beautiful! Love her chubby. Enjoy the rest of your trip!! Soooo happy for you and your sweet MaryAlice!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Hi Sharon,

I just found your blog a few days ago, and am so glad that I did, because you're up to the best part!! MaryAlice is beautiful...congratulations!

Rose

8:55 AM  
Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said...

I am so, so happy for you! What a blessing! MaryAlice looks so healthy and content and perfectly at home in your arms. You keep up that drill sergeant practice...you'll need if for when she's 3! So, keep snapping out those orders and pictures!

Kind regards,

9:07 AM  
Blogger Mary F said...

She is so beautiful and healthy looking. Congratulations and enjoy being a mom.

9:11 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

What a perfect family you make! She is beautiful and you are positively glowing in the pictures! I was feeding Jake last night around 2am wondering if MaryAlice was snuggling with you as he was with me. Diapers, feedings, and what to do!? You're with us now in the new parent world! So excited to meet her in person. :) See you both soon!

9:57 AM  
Blogger April said...

Congratulation Sharon,

Tears fall down my face, she is beautiful and looks wonderful in your arms. Enjoy all the moments to come, this is mama and baby time. Looking forward to all the wonderful pictures to come.....

April

10:15 AM  
Blogger mskajlc said...

Oh Sharon she is gorgeous!! Congratulations!!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Shelliejama said...

Oh Sharon , I cried, It is so wonderful. Enjoy every moment you have, There is no other love like it on earth. She is so beautiful !!.
I can't wait to meet her. You so deserve this, and it has finally happened. Glad you have the girls to boss around ahhahha I mean help out. Enjoy your stay mommy, and a safe trip home.
love
Shellie

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mia Gabrielle said...

Sharon... Congratulations!! You are a mommy!
She is so adorable! We are so happy for you... and your very lucky daughter. Enjoy the rest of your adventure. Can't wait to meet your beautiful little girl.
~ Mia & Dave

11:03 AM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Aaaaaaaaawwwwwww, congratulations! I can't believe how beautiful she is. . . And I love thumb suckers - they are so cuddly looking when they are sucking away :)

I can't believe that will be me in about two weeks (we hope!). We should know for sure by tomorrow!

BLESSINGS on you both!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

She is BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations on your precious daughter.

(found your blog on RQ)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Christi and Abbey said...

Yay! So happy for you both. You are now a real mommy and have found out the secret...the cardinal rules are meant to be adjusted when you know in your heart you need to do something different for your child. You will find your way beautifully as will she. Wish I could hop over there and see her but we are busy with the first week of school.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations, Sharon!!! Mary Alice is even more beautiful in your arms than the pictures we first saw of her. What a wonderful wonderful day for you both!!!!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A prayer answered. Sharon you are just the perfect mom for a perfect Angle

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters