Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

We're Officially a Family!








We've a a big day! The papers are signed and she is officially my daughter.
I had to wake MaryAlice up this morning so we could eat breakfast and meet the bus for the Notary and Registration procedure at 8:30am. I was on time, since I'd been up since 4am! I kept waking up and checking her. She woke a new girl. Smiles and babbling and clapping and playing with her toys. Of course the stacking cups are her favorite, and she loves to bite them. She must be getting ready to cut some teeth because she bites everything.
She did great at breakfast with eating scrambled egg and porridge. She wouldn't sit in the highchair, but wanted to be on Mommy's lap. Later, we went to the Civil Affairs office again to sign the papers, swear to never abuse, mistreat or abandon her and have everything notarized. She fell asleep for the second interview. I was surprised to see her nanny there again and got another picture since the other one didn't come out. I was a little worried about how MaryAlice would react to her since she cried yesterday, but she did fine and came back to me no problems.
After the official business was done, the bus driver took us all the a super market/Walmart type store to purchase diapers, wipe, food, strolled etc. What an interesting visit, that I'm too tired to even go into rght now.
After taking a cat nap back at the hotel, MaryAlice decided to go for a swim. For a child that cried in the bathtub, she loved the pool. I tried to keep her from dunking her head since she kept drinking the water and while its chlorinated, I didn't want to take any chances.
She had some pasta for dinner and we did a little shopping afterwards. She's now konked out in her crib and I'm soon to follow. It's only 8:25pm, but I'm whooped! Tomorrow we don't have official business until 3pm, so will be able to relax a bit and maybe check out the toy room.

13 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

Congratulations mom. You and MaryAlice make a wonderful family and I can not wait for you to come home so she can be spoiled by all your family and friends.

Seeing her in your arms is so sweet. Love that she enjoys swimming, especially since our summers are so hot.

Take one day at a time, and just enjoy your time with your daughter.

Hugs to all of you,

Sandi

7:38 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

What a wonderful day. Can you believe it yet? She's yours and she's perfect. Gotta love those stacking cups. :)

Hugs,
Lori**

7:53 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun! Congratulations on finalizing some paperwork. Sounds like she already knows who her mommy is!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

What a cutie! So glad that she is a happy little one. Hope you can sleep soon.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Stephe said...

How AMAZING!!! You're a Mom! MaryAlice is just darling! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventures in China!!!

Girl, try to get some sleep!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Sharon congratulations on becoming a mother. Mary Alice seems to be doing so well just enjoy every moment......

8:56 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Your a family!! I loved reading your words!! SOunds like everythign is going well and she looks nice and healthy!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is just the cutest little chunk of love! What a difference one day makes...she looks so happy and relaxed with her mommy. I think she knows where she belongs. I can't wait to kiss those beautiful cheeks. Keep going to sleep when she does and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Hi to aunties, what a wonderful bonding trip...

Linda K

9:54 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh Sharon she is just gorgeous. I am so happy for you. I am crying happy tears. She is in your arms! She looks so healthy and happy. I love her rolls! :) have fun and enjoy China. Thanks for sharing!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I had to read your account through my tears and sniffles. Where's the Kleenex when you need it!
Can't wait to see her in person. She is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
So glad she is bonding so quick.
Love to you and Mary Alice,
Rosemary

5:34 PM  
Blogger pt81 said...

Sharon she is just beautiful!! Congratulations on your perfect little baby girl! Hopefully I'll be able to meet her in person very soon. Make sure to take care of yourself too!!
Big hugs for MaryAlice,
Poonam

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sharon and Mary Alice! I'm a fellow MaoNan mom in Denver with 20 month old Sienna (Nan Qi Gui). We spoke over the phone before your trip.
I'm reliving every moment with you and tearing up as I see your beautiful pictures. Your daughter is so beautiful and healthy! Enjoy every sweet moment those chubby little arms hold on to you.

Nina

11:07 PM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

she is beautiful and very alert!! loved the walking video.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters