Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Happy 17 Months Birthday!!!



If they lock me up before we make it to the Month 24 cupcake...will someone buy my daughter her cupcake??? I opted for the tamer, "pink" cupcake this month. I really could just give her some icing, 'cause that's all she's interested in.









We've had a busy week! Not sure what we've done...but we've been busy. MaryAlice is staying awake a little later at night, so we've been able to have some playtime when we get home from school/work before dinner. I've been working with her on her balance and stability, so that mini-trampoline that I bought myself to get some exercise has actually gotten more use by her! We're doing lots of swinging, twirling, hanging upside down and dancing. She's been saying more words this week (bubble, good girl, ball, toot-toot [when she passes gas...sorry, TMI!] and car). I took her to storytime at the library today. I miss out on watching her interact with the other kids at school since I drop off and pick her up in a matter of 5 minutes. It was fun...we'll be back.

We had our six month post-placement visit by my social worker. I can't believe we've been home for almost six months. Things are going very well. She's growing up too fast, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

She's growing so fast! What a doll baby ...Happy 17 months, Mary Alice!

Hugs,
Lori**

8:38 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Sharon, she keeps getting cuter and cuter! I haven't checked in for a while and I'm surprised how much bigger she looks. Love the pic in the laundry basket...Lauren just discovered that tonight and she loved getting pushed around in it. After her "ride" she layed back and started sucking her thumb so I gave her a pillow and she snuggled up in there...so cute.

Donna :)

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters