Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bye-Bye Mr. Jet Lag!!!
















As I'm writing this post, MaryAlice is still asleep at 7:15am and slept through the night. I can hear her stirring on the monitor, so things can change quickly here. So all you moms out there, "Don't hate me because my baby sleeps!" LOL! Knocking on wood as I type this!

I've posted a bunch of pictures from our busy days. We had our first playdate on Friday. MaryAlice's playdate was not too interested in the swing or spinchair...but what 6 week old is?? Besides, he was probably wishing he was playing golf with daddy. It was fun to get out and visit with friends. Also, check out the park facilities at Lake Eola...very nice...we'll be back.

I opened up the Corelle Kalin Yang doll to see what MA would do with her. I showed her how to kiss the baby, rock the baby, feed the baby. She watched, but then showed me how to walk over the baby to get to the puzzle of construction trucks (it was tastier!). She loves her wooden spoons. She love to bite them, bang with them, drop them.

I set up the water play table on the patio and she loved it. It is the perfect height for her to hold onto and she loves splashing the water...that is until she discovered the mulch. She is determined to see what mulch tastes like! I'm tempted to let her get one lick and discover it's not so good and squelshed the fascination once and for all. My luck, she'll love it. She is a Guangdong baby and they'll eat anything!!

Speaking of eating, we're starting the transition to whole milk and trying to work on drinking out of a cup during the day. I'll still give her a nightly bottle for awhile and before a nap. She'll take a sip or two and then be done, so we're working on that. Everything I've read says when toddlers get thirsty enough, they'll drink. She's going to have to be on a cup for daycare, so I can't delay the transition. I really need her to get the good nutrition (fats) from whole milk, so I'm probably being a little OCD on the sippy cup. This too shall pass.

She had half her labs drawn on Thursday and while she screamed bloody murder, they got it on the first attempt and she recovered in 2 minutes. We go next week for the rest.

Well, she's waking up and probably ready for her scrambled eggs, so I'll end now and get this posted published. I know you really want to just see the photos anyway.

10 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

She just looks so great!! Congrats on the sleep!! Hey, did you try a Nubby Cup? I think that's the name but the nipple is soft like a bottle and there is no stopper. Bryce had a hard time transitioning to a cup but this one worked. Also, if you are using the Playtex Sippy then take the stopper out until she figures it out. Good Luck!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

Awesome. She slept through the night! You guys are really doing great. She looks so cute playing,

8:32 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

It seems to me the younger ones adjust so much more quickly! Glad you are home - and I just LOVE the pic with her tongue hanging out! What a beautiful little girl! Sharon, you are such a lucky mama!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She is so stinkin cute I can't stand it. I miss her terribly. I got used to having breakfast with her every morning and taking her for walks. I hope you will come for a visit real soon so I can get my MaryAlcie fix. I'm glad she is adjusting so well and it sounds like you are transitioning into motherhood like this was meant to be. I am so happy for the two of you. Hugs and kisses XOXO.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

Spoken like true Mommy. She looks very comfortable and at home!!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

MaryAlice is so cute and beautiful! It's amazing to see her transition, she knows she's home. She looks like she is enjoying every moment of it! Well, you do to! I can't wait to meet her at a Precious Panda reunion. What fun and chaos that will be!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww. Look at Jake. Out like a light! Boy, when both of them are going full force, there's gonna be trouble!

Have you tried scrambling Eggbeaters? Maybe that will calm your fears about her eating eggs so often...

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited aboutthe water table that is way cool fun. you all are having so much fun!!!! call me for a playdate.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

MaryAlice is just adorable! I hope that sleeping through the night becomes a ritual for her... how nice! And one bite of mulch ought to do it. ICK! Thanks for letting us follow you on your journey.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said...

Boy is MA looking like one happy little girl who's full of mischief...I love it! So happy that things are going well for you both. This is such a fun and special age. Enjoy it to the fullest!!

Love from Miami,

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters