Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We survived the doctor!





I love this photo of MaryAlice sucking her thumb and holding her blanket after her first pediatrician visit. She was done with the whole event when the nurse went to measure her head and then the doctor checked her ears, eyes and mouth. The good news is that according to her doctor, I "hit the jackpot with such a healthy baby from China". She's right on target developmentally and has a healthy dose of feisty that the doctor said she likes to see. "You know where you stand with her"! She stood up on her own, took some steps with assistance, transfered objects between hands, reached for mom for comfort, blew raspberries, and then proceeded to yell at the doctor regarding her dislike of the whole affair. She liked that she was bright eyed and curious about everything.

She got four vaccinations and a PPD test that the doctor will read on Saturday. She's given the go ahead to move on to milk now and gave me some direction on amounts and how often to feed her solid food.

You'll notice in one of the photos that there is a training potty seat in her room (thank Cheryl). I figure it's never too soon to start the subliminal messages!! She did have split pants in China and is quite the drama queen when it comes down to business.

She liked her congee and is actually doing quite well with her eating. She had a little meltdown at dinner tonight (I'm guessing its due to the vaccinations), so I gave her some Tylenol, a bottle and she fell asleep. Tomorrow morning we go for the big blood draw! My good friend, Susan set me up with a woman at Quest who is supposedly "the one" for baby blood draws, so fingers crossed they'll be able to get everything in one stick. We have a fairly extensive list of labs to run.

That's it for now. I'm pooped!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hi Sharon! I'm glad MaryAlice's pedi visit went great! What a wonderful report. MaryAlice is such a cute baby! AND look how bright her eyes are...thinking about everything. Love the red and white checked outfit! Too adorable!

9:33 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

she's just perfect! love the pictures - and the "jackpot" comment. we were just saying that last night about our girl :)

glad you are all settling in. i wish that were me. i know i have a week or more to go but i'm ready for home now - even tho i'm dreading that plane ride. was yours totally freezing? i was so stuffed up and reactive to that recycled air that i couldn't see for several hours. my eyes were a wreck.

everyone is napping here and i'm wired from my starbucks treat this a.m. :) so i'm catching up on my reader blogs.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Happenstance said...

Sharon, glad to hear she's a "jackpot" prize! She'll be an overachiever just like her mom. We're lovin her from Maryland... Sue

5:55 AM  
Blogger Stephe said...

AWE, she's just so cute! Jackpot is right!!! You definately hit it!!! Lucky MAMA! I was wondering about the potty seat until I read your post...I was thinking the same thing! LOL
LOVING all the photos!!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Too precious! She's doing great!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

She really looks like she is thriving! I am so happy the doctors went well. I love seeing the pics!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

she is adorable!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

What a sweet heart! Sharon, she looks amazing. Look at all the toys! You must be on cloud nine and so proud! :) I hope the blood draw goes ok.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a wonderful report! You're off to a great start. I'm so proud of you!!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Sharon,

I am so glad to hear that Mary Alice is healthy. I just love the picture of her sucking her thumb with her blanket. You just want to give her a big hug and a kiss. She is just so cute.
Kathy

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - yea! The potty chair - I'd get her on that before I'd teach her to walk!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters