Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's Mayhem Around Here!












This is my kitchen every afternoon....I love it! Who knew a canister of Cheerios could be so fascinating? And as far as the "make-do" squatty potty...well, I'm not sure if this photo will alter anyone's decision to eat at my house again.

I've posted some different pics of MaryAlice eating and the mess she makes. I gave up on trying to keep things neat and just let her go at it. At least some food products do make it in her mouth, sometimes in her nose, but mostly her mouth. We're expanding our food horizons and have added brocolli, tortallini, and pudding to her menu. She's not too hip on deli meats, or meat for that matter. She seems to be getting a well balanced diet as is evident by the photos...there's a green food, a yellow food and a pink food. This on top of the main staple...Cheerios, which are actually a pretty good source of nutrients. She's doing better with her sippy cup as long as its has water and apple juice. She's not too sure about milk in the sippy, but we're working on it.

The photo of the toy firetruck is purely for documentation purposes. It is possessed. I brought it out of the shed to wash up and out of the blue it starts with its bells and whistles and getting caught in circuit malfunction causing it to repeat, "Have no fear..fear...fear...fear"...which freaks me out. There's no ON/OFF button and there's not access to the battery. I gave up and put it out by the trash...it's still there. That's pretty bad. I once put an old lawn mower and edger out for trash pick-up. Some guy picked it up 15 minutes later. I think the firetruck may have some bad karma

I've also posted a picture of Smelley the Cat and her only mommy time she gets these days. Not that she's a needy cat, but she stays in my room all day and eats only at night when the coast is clear. Poor thing is stressed out. Her food bowl and water glass are empty every morning, so I think she's become an emotional eater.

MaryAlice tried some free demo classes at My Little Gym and Gymboree. She pretty much just practiced her walking and clung to mommy, and that's all good stuff. She's walking with one hand held, so it should be soon. We've had visits from friends and even went to a pool party on Sunday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

she looks like she has certainly made herself at home..........very happy and settled. great!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Christen Halliday said...

Did you ever think that a little girl could rule the house? She is so cute and looks so happy and well adjusted! It is obvious that you are enjoying every second of motherhood. I am so happy for both of you!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said...

good lord, that fire truck would freak me out too! I've learned to avoid all toys that make noise. Better for my nerves. Somehow, though, they get into my house. I think my friends buy her talking stuff just to torment me.

MA looks so happy and sounds like you're both having fun. isn't it great?

Love from Miami,

Carol and taylor

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I used to work with you at WPUA, in the Records Department - I thought I'd pop in to see how life with your daughter is coming along. Congratulations! She is a beautiful girl. I'm so happy for you both.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love the pictures and the update!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Sharon,
Mary Alice looks so happy. She also so looks very active. I love the pictures and the squatty potty. She is a cutie.
Kathy

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters