Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Year Ago Today....


Trying to get MaryAlice's picture is sometimes, well..trying. She keeps running towards the camera.

I call this photo, "Sunday Afternoon Jam Session".



My sad little girl. These pictures make me so sad to see how scared she was. A five hour drive that day and carried in on a back papoose by the ayi (nanny), carrying a little jelly cup firmly in her hand. Her hair was about 1/2 inch long. I regret not taking more photos. I fear the memories and details are fading as time moves on. My baby is growing up and I'm going to miss rocking her, giving her a bottle, and carrying her into my bed, just so I can watch her sleep.

We have come so far in the past twelve months. I can honestly say that I feel MaryAlice has securely attached and bonded with me. It has taken twelve months to get here, with a few bumps in the road, and it took doing some things a little differently (co-sleeping, wearing her in a carrier, bottle at bedtime, eye contact games and more). Her teacher recently wrote on the bottom of her Daily Sheet, "MaryAlice brings so much joy and happiness to our classroom". I'm saving that one. She really is a joyful girl and has brought this Momma lots of happiness.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Congratulations Sharon and MA on your family day!. I can't believe that a year has already passed. Boy she has changes so much. She is adorable. She just looks so happy.
Kathy

3:49 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Awwww, happy one year. I remember stalking your blog like a crazy woman last year. When I should have been packing for my own trip! Seeing you get your baby girl was such a bright point in the chaos of our pending approvals and travel plans that kept changing.

So happy to hear the successes you've gained over the year. Our one year mark is coming up soon, too :)

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon... that is such a wonderful post. You are doing such a good job as a mommy! You should be so proud.
Congratulations on your family anniversary!!
Dave & Mia

7:12 PM  
Blogger Evelyn said...

Congrtas! on your one year anniversary. MA looks great and so happy. You have done a marvelous job.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

So I ask you, why do I have tears in my eyes? So sweet Sharon. You guys have come a long ways in both miles and becoming a family.

After meeting your sweet girl, yes she does bring much joy to those around her.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Tricia Thompson said...

Sharon and MaryAlice,
Congrats on your Forever Family Day Anniversary. You make a beautiful family.

Hey, I'm coming to Orlando Sun., Sept 13 and staying thru the 23rd. Do you guys want to meet maybe the weekend of 19th?

Tricia

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters