Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Amelia Island Reunion 2009

During the wait for MaryAlice, I "met" via the internet a group of families that were on about the same timeline as me. We made weekend trips to Savannah, Lakeland, and Boston; and followed and supported each others trip to China. Now that we're all home with our little ones, ten of the families gathered for the first official reunion in Amelia Island this past weekend. We all had a great time meeting the girls, watching them play and sharing some adult beverages in the hotel hallway while the girls slept. We're all looking forward to our next reunion where everyone can join us and we can watch our little ones grow up. I feel confident that this will be an annual event since we all enjoy each other's company and have shared so much of our lives with each other. For anyone still waiting, I highly recommend making the effort to network with others still in line and form those friendships. I feel like not only have I gained a daughter, but I have widened my circle of family.




1 Comments:

Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

What? Adult beverages in the hallway. I missed everything :).

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters