Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Monday, July 06, 2009

"Your Referral Is Here"



One year ago today, 7-7-08 at about 10am I got this subject line in an email from my agency coordinator. I knew referrals were coming in after checking Rumor Queen every 15 seconds. We had arranged that she would email me first, so I could have my video camera ready to film "The Call". She then sent me the first pictures I saw of Nan Qi Guo taken when she was 7 months old. From that point until about 1 month after being home, I felt like the whole journey was surreal. My almost three year planning skills went into overdrive as I prepared for the trip. It's fun to look back on videos of the trip and see the tranformation. I feel like I've crossed a threshold and so far, I think we're doing just dandy. MaryAlice is doing very well. She's healthy, happy, affecionate, silly and is eating me out of house and home. She's on her way to becoming a very active two year old soon and knock on wood, no signs of "terrible" yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh! I remember that last year! That's when I started stalking you :) So fun to watch all the good things God has done for you and your little one. Many blessings on another wonderful year together growing in love ;)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Awww, you brought a tear to my eye! I just celebrated my 1 month home on 7/8 and I was sentimental about that too...these girls of ours are such beautiful gifts from God!

9:10 PM  
Blogger April said...

Oh my Sharon,
I have enjoyed following your journey! What a blessing it is to see Mary Alice grow up in your arms. Keep us the good work Mommy! I cant wait to enjoy and hold my precious bundle of Joy! Loved the pictures by the way...... too cute!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

awww! What an incredibly sweet photo of you and MaryAlice! Thought of you guys on the 7th too - can't believe an entire year has come and gone so quickly! Are you getting so excited to plan her 2nd birthday?! wow! she is almost two! It was so fun sharing the excitement of our referral day together and the days leading up to our trips to China! Hope this finds you both happy and healthy and enjoying the summer fun!

hugs!
Shelly

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters