Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

6 Months Ago...



I can't believe six months have passed since I was handed this beautiful, bright, charming, silly little girl. She was so sad and scared that she just fell asleep on the bus back to the hotel that day. I think it is more upsetting now to look at those photos, than it was at the time because I was so caught up in finally meeting my baby, instead of focusing on what was going on in her mind. How brave she was. I remember stressing over whether to wake her up for a bottle or letting her sleep in that crib. And also, waking every hour just to make sure she was breathing and pinching myself that this had really happened...finally. I was so fortunate that she awoke the next morning a happier baby and ready to start the process of learning her new Mama. She has gone through so many changes in the past six months and is doing so well. I am blessed, not lucky, but blessed.



6 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Thompson said...

Sharon,

Oh what the cutest sound that is! MaryAlice is so precious. You are indeed blessed. Take care,

Tricia Thompson

4:34 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

you are indeed blessed. Mary Alice is such a joy to all of us who have met and love her. I love the video such a sweet sound isn't it?

Hugs
Susan

8:28 PM  
Blogger Stephe said...

Okay, that just made me bawl. How incredible blessed. Hugs MaMa! Stephe and G

7:32 PM  
Blogger Trudi said...

I cannot believe how she has GROWN. My oh my. And yes, you are very blessed and very wise to understand what your little one was going through a year ago vs now.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

That just made my heart melt! You are so right we are blessed! MaryAlice is so scrumptious! I loved watching her and Bing "hanging out" at Disney together!
Love,
Di

7:14 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Sharon, Mary Alice is really growing up! Cherish every moment!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters