Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Friday, May 16, 2008

"BeiJing Huanying Ni!"...Beijng Welcomes You



I'm a little behind in my Olympics trivia, but after finding this YouTube video on another blog, I wanted to learn the Mandarin version of the song.
That led to the discovery that the names of the five Olympic mascots spell out "Beijing Welcomes You". There's a nice little article about the mascots here. It's hard to read their names, but its Beibei, Jingjing, Huanhuan, Yingying and Nini.

2 Comments:

Blogger NorasMommy said...

Hi Sharon!

The song is crazy-addictive isn't it?! I've been tempted to order a set of stuffed mascots for Nora (I think the fish is really cute!), but Rob would probably think that I'm off my rocker. Probably I'll look for some mascot pins when we're in China instead.

I sure hope we still get to travel through Beijing - I would love to see the Olympic venues and the Forbidden City.

Just a couple more weeks - can you believe it, after all this time!!!

Hope the time passes quickly for you!

Jennifer

7:51 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Sharon you are in the home stretch..It wont be long now..We can't wait to see Mary Alice

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters