Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Map of Earthquake Area Orphanages



If you click here it will take you to a great website that shows a map of Sichuan province and the orphanages in that area. This site, Red Thread Maps, makes beautiful maps of the different provinces in China and on my list of things to order once I know MaryAlice's whereabouts.

I've had many people ask me this week if the earthquake will effect the adoption and my answer is, "I don't know." I've had people ask me if MaryAlice is in that area and again, "I don't know...I hope not". There is some peace in not knowing, at least for now. That may change in a couple of weeks. I feel for those parents who are waiting to go pick up their children from this area. I really feel for the people who are living through the devastation and loss. It is almost hard to fathom how terrible it is. There are many organizations in China that are reporting on the status of the orphanges...Half the Sky, Love Without Boundaries and Our Chinese Daughters Foundation. They have all set up donation links on their websites.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Oh Sharon, Such devastation for those little ones to endure...I pray Mary Alice is safe and will be on her way home to you soon!!!!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters