Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Ending on this special day...



Today marks 22 months I've been waiting for Mary Alice. I think that's reason enough to break out this wine I've been saving and share it with a friend.

Today also marks a happy ending to a very tragic story that unfolded in China this week. A couple traveling to pick up their daughter, Hannah, had a tragic ending when the father passed away from a diabetic coma. To make matters worse, the US Consulate was putting up some road blocks for the mother to return to the US with her daughter since her "status" had changed. Thanks to over 1000 phone calls from the international adoptive community to her state senator and representative (a rumor Condeleeza Rice got involved,too), this situation was resolved and she is on her way home with her daughter. Very sad situation for her family, but it was nice too see our government step up to the plate when called upon by the people. Once again, I am amazed at the power of the internet to connect strangers and broaden the circle of community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters