Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

We've made in to Tokyo!

It's 4pm Thursday here, 4am Orlando time.  We're sittng on the floor next to a outlet and found a wireless network in Narita Airport.  The 12 hour flight from Detroit was not too bad.  Got a couple of power naps in, a couple of movies and wrote 5 thank-you notes.  We're going to try and stay awake, so when we arrive in Beijing at 9:30pm, we'll be able to sleep.  We've met up with the other adoptive parents from my agency.

Monica and Marcia fell in love with the toilets in Toyko.  They came equipped with 10 buttons offering all sorts of "cleaning" options with low pressure and high pressure.

I was practically stripped searched going through security in Toyko, as I came setting off the alarm.  Come to find out, the powdered creamers I "borrowed" from Northwest for our coffen contain high amounts of metal...scary.  Monica is embarrassed to be seen with me as my money pouches make me look like I have a colostomy bag.

That's all for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Connie J said...

LOL, we also flew through Tokyo Narita again last time because I loved the bathrooms!! After such a long flight, you need something to look forward to :) Look forward to 'seeing' you in China!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

LOL Now I want to go through Tokyo so I can use the bathroom! So, powdered creamers set off the buzzer? That does not sound good. We're so glad to hear the flight isn't too bad so far. How exciting. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Sharon. Mr. H and I are watching.

Hugs,
Lori**
"waiting for McKenzie"

7:06 AM  
Blogger Stephe said...

Sure, blame it on the creamer...

Maybe security was looking for a hot date!! LOL

Did you take a photo of the toilets? I wanna see?

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Yahoo, so happy to hear your almost there. This is great news. Umm how do you have your money bags packed?? No one could tell I had mine on, hehehe.

Did you take pics of the bathrooms?

Counting down the hours until your in Bejing.

Safe Travels.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters