Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oatmeal Cake and Matching



Here's this month's cake and let me tell you...it's a good one!! I took it into the office for a potluck and got a handful of requests for the recipe. I think next time, I'd make it in a 13x9 pan, just because I'm more about the cake than the icing.

The most exciting news is that the current rumor is that matching for the next batch has begun and we usually start hearing about referral calls 2-3 days after that matching rumor comes out, so maybe Friday??? I think they'll match through 1-4-06, but we shall see. I've sent my request to get fingerprinted again (for the third time!) and have been picking up items here and there for the trip. A lot of things I just can't buy until I know how old Mary Alice will be.

Well, I better post this before I lose power, as there is a wicked storm going through right now and I always lose power!!

2 Comments:

Blogger the mommy said...

YUM I have to have this recipe...

Hang on we are in for a ride the next few months....

10:25 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I dunno, Sharon, that icing looks pretty yummy to me! Can you post the recipe?
:)Diane

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters