Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Two Years Down, ???? To Go...


I was asking a fellow waiting parent,
Susan if we will every forget our our LID's (Log-In-Dates)? Years from now, when January 16th arrives, will I stop and think back to this time? Do I play the number "16" on Lotto or would that be bad form? Maybe I'll write a letter to MaryAlice, for her to open when she's 16? Will I remember where I put the letter 16 years from now?

For now, this day will pass much like most other Wednesdays (except for having dinner at Forbidden City with friends!), but it I think this date will be forever be imbedded in my heart as a milestone, a target, and an elusive goal that keeps running away. And now, I need to get my morning cup of java...

4 Comments:

Blogger the mommy said...

Sharon, I think the answer is yes we will always pause on these dates and remember what they once meant. I am really looking forward to celebrating all the new dates like referral, gotcha and each birthday of our daughters. Hang in there....

Susan

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does feel like a moving target sometimes, but we will get there and I have a feeling it will happen sooner than we think!

Hang on - Mary Alice is out there :)

best,
Susan Love

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

Sharon,

It will be a date that we will always remember. I bet after we are able to hold our babies that number will only ring wonderful emotions. Sometimes, that LID number stings alittle.

Rhonda

8:20 PM  
Blogger Happenstance said...

Brad Fickle's birthday is January 16th- now you are forever indebted to sending him a card since you will never forget that special date! Love, Cuz Sue

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters