Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up!

She now weighs 20lbs and has 3 teeth!! It looks like her hair has been cut, but at least that made her ears grow!

Right now, we wait for Travel Approval from China before any flight information can be made, so no dates yet. I've sent off for our Visa's and have started packing (okay, really I started packing six months ago, but this time I'm serious). I requested to visit her orphanage when I'm there, but we have to get approval from the Civil Affairs office and the orphanage director. I know other families have had that opportunity, so I don't forsee any problems. The orphanage is about a 4 hour drive from Guangzhou, so it will be a long day, but it is something I really want to do. I'll post more as things start to happen.

11 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

She is so cute! Looks like she is enjoying herself. It'll be a real experience to see the orphanage. Can't wait to find out when you get to go get her! Let us know if we can help with anything!

7:54 AM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

Good gracious she is adorable!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! Looks like your girl has a real zest for life.

5:16 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Sharon I can't wait to follow your journey to Mary Alice. I want to hear all about your orphanage experience...

9:49 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

OMG!!! She is absolutely ADORABLE!! Congratulations! Oh I just want to eat her up! :) She has an amazing smile. I can't wait to see her in your arms. I hope you receive your TA quickly! Have fun packing, unpacking and packing again. :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Look at that beautiful smile! I can only imagine how much happier she will be once she is home in her mother's arms! Keep us posted with the details. This is so very exciting!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

She's adorable! Hope you have your travel plans & flights soon!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

6:23 PM  
Blogger Dannye said...

she is so very cute...congrats!! we are so happy for you Sharon, and can't wait til you are home and bring her to our waiting families meetings so we too can meet her!! lots of love!!

-Dannye & Ray

10:24 PM  
Blogger RocĂ­o said...

Hello from Spain,
Mary Alice is more than perfect and beautiful, She is the one, she is your daughter.
I'm very happy for you both.

Love,Rocio
wwwblogdeloto.blogspot.com

4:02 AM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

She's just precious. Thanks for sharing your site with me - I look forward to more updates - for both of us while we wait for TA :)

Actually, I'm still waiting for the LOA in hand, too. But knowing it's ON THE WAY is good for now :)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow she is such a cutie pie!!! im so happy for you, i love your blog its wonderful. ill be think of u and mary alice in washington. angela and family

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters