Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Where in the World is MaryAlice???



I don't know if you can see on the map, where I've highlighted Maoming City, Guangdong province, but it is in south China...subtropical. The top photo is of Maonan Social Welfare Institute. It is my understanding that the babies are on the third floor in three different rooms, a playroom, laundry room, feeding prep room and medical room. I've been able to view photos from December 2006. This was prior to Half the Sky opening their Infant Nurture Program in April 2007. From the referral photos, there appears to be more toys available than I saw in the 2006 photos of the playroom, where I saw none. I've been able to speak with a mom whose daughter was sponsored under the Infant Nurture program and she said it is a wonderful program. They provide a nanny to come in to play, nuture and basically love on the baby. I don't know if this is for all of the children or only the sponsored ones. I won't be able to find out until I am home and can contact Half the Sky for copies of the updates, unless I am given those with I meet MaryAlice. A child can be sponsored for $300/year through the Half the Sky website under the Infant Nurture link.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

So exciting your time is quickly approaching. We need to get together before you leave.

I'm sure you are over the moon and getting ready to become a mom. Mary Alice is waiting patiently for her mommy.

sandi

10:08 AM  
Blogger the mommy said...

This program is a wonderful program we know several children who have been sponsored through Half The Sky. Riz and i have been sponsoring through Half The Sky for years now we have sponsored 3 children and would be very happy to have contact with their families.....

8:17 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Congrats! What excitement is in the air of the Chinese adoption community this week. And your posts previous to this one, about the information you've gained via research and connecting with other IA parents, is so good. I may use it to explain more clearly why I am so "computer bound" these days when my mom comments on it again :)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters