Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Some Special News!

I got word today from an adoptive mom that recently visited Maonan SWI, that she saw MaryAlice and said she is adorable, has beautiful eyes and chubby cheeks!! She wasn't allowed to take photos, but saw her in the playroom and recognized her from our previous correspondence. I was so excited to hear this news!!

On the other side of the world...I pack, and repack and then try it one more time to get my luggage weight under the limit. I have a mini-pharmacy that I refuse to compromise on. And just how many Cheerios should I bring? People laugh about that one, but from what we're told, Cheerios are difficult to find in China, so if I guess wrong, we may be bargaining with other families. It could be a long flight back if we have to ration the Cheerios!

We arrive in Beijing the night of the 28th and have two full days of touring, Friday and Saturday. Sunday we fly to Guangzhou, which will allow me a chance to get things organized in the hotel room. Monday afternoon, I meet MaryAlice! I'll try to post photos as soon as I can, so that hopefully Monday morning 9/1/08, folks back home can see.

That's it for now...must get back to packing, laundry, cleaning, etc.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephe said...

Have an AMAZING moment in time!! MaryAlice will be in your arms before you know it. Remember us ECG's will be chomping at the bit for photos and hanging on your every word. Share as soon as you can and have a safe journey!! Hugs and Happiness!! Lots of it!!! Stephe

7:57 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Can't wait to see you unite!

Thanks for the heads up on Cheerios - The Boss and I just re-worked our packing list and it's good info to have ;)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Sharon...have a safe trip. I will be thinking of you. You will be in our prayers. Have fun! In a matter of days you will have MaryAlice in your arms. Keep those Cheerios...you might be able to make some big money! :) Thanks for sharing your journey and I look forward to following along. YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO CHINA!!!!!! take care!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Woo Hoo fabulous news. You will be united with MaryAlice in no time. How amazing and exciting. I am so happy for you and i know you are going to have a wonderful trip. Enjoy your couple of days tourning Beijing and learning more about MaryAlices birthcountry.

Looking forward to pictures and updates.

Sandi

11:52 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

How exciting! The time is finally here! This time next week you'll have MaryAlice in your arms and you'll be a mom! Can't wait for the "gotcha" pictures and of course meeting MaryAlice in person! Travel safe!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said...

Good luck on your journey. Wishing you all safe and healthy travels. We're so excited to follow along. If you think you've taken enough pics...take some more!

Kind regards from Miami,

Carol and Taylor

5:51 PM  
Blogger Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!! I cant wait to see pictures of MaryAlice in your arms, it will be an amazing moment! It brings me too tears to think we were in that moment 3 1/2 weeks ago and now we are back home and trying to figure out the crazy routine. Enjoy these quiet together moments over the next few days and soak in the sights before the whirlwind hits Monday. :-) Blessings.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Sharon,
Have a safe and wonderful trip! I can't wait to see you with your beautiful new daughter, MaryAlice! I am right behind you for Baby Bing!
(((((((((Big Hugs))))))))))
:)Di

9:03 PM  
Blogger Evelyn said...

Tonight you are probably working on your last minute prep before you embark on your journey to MaryAlice. Know that we will be thinking of you, and sharing your joy. I wish you a safe and happy trip. And of course I'll be checking back for pictures!
Hugs

Evelyn & Jesus

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters