Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Things I Will Teach My Daughter

The Internet is a wonderful tool! I just learned how to release the sink stopper on my bathroom sink and remove an indescribable blob of nastiness. I almost posted a picture but realized that only a ten year old boy could fully appreciate the level of nastiness that this blob portrayed. So, upon reflection of my recent accomplishment, I've decided to make a list of "Things I Will Teach My Daughter" Please feel free to add comments, suggestions and advice.

I will teach my daughter to:

Mow the grass
Unclog a sink
Change a tire
Check the oil/tire pressure/fluids
Bake a batch of cookies from scratch
Paint a room
Change the belt/filters on a vacuum cleaner
Walk in high-heels
Accept a compliment graciously
Accept a dissappoint graciously
Write Thank you notes
Always have an emergency fund
Shake hands when she is introduced to someone
How to sew

Update

Not to talk to strangers
How to turn the water to the house off
How to jump start a car
How to cook one great meal
How to properly apply make-up

5 Comments:

Blogger the mommy said...

Sharon I love that I am going to copy your list for things to teach Sophia...

Riz added don't talk to strangers..
and know how to shut the water off to the house... Oh and how to jump start a car...

I am adding how to cook a meal, don't be afraid of the kitchen.
and the proper way to apply makeup..

8:34 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Excellent additions, Susan & Riz.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

How about:

Balance a checkbook!
Save for retirement!

And, I could use some tips on how to walk in high-heels! I can't do it without turning my ankle!
:)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Tony Livingstone said...

It is with the highest degree of pleasure and pride that I say to you, Sharon how blessed I am to have a daugther like you. Never in a million years could I have dreamed of what a special and eunique lady you are, and will forever remain as you are today.

Sometimes we count belssings by what we see and feel. And some blessings "just" appear" like the day you were born- 6-2- ?? Did you ever know you're my hero? The wind beneath my wings?

My love always, Dad

2:42 PM  
Blogger the mommy said...

Sharon That message from your dad is the sweetest thing I have ever read. I am sitting here in my office in tears now thinking of my dad who I lost 2 years ago today. You are very lucky to have such a great dad...

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters