Journey To MaryAlice

Join me as I journey to China to find my daughter, Mary Alice.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

PottyTraining, Play-Doh and Pics

A little Bar-B-Que and Play-Doh fun on New Year's Eve...



"You're not spooning it in fast enough Aunt Leslie!"


What a great momma I am...MaryAlice's fingers are probably frostbit and I'm laughing! She made it through 80% of the Gaylord Palms ICE exhibit on New Year's Eve and then lost it! We made the mad dash out of the the 9 degree cold and had PB&J sandwich (which cures 90% of all bad things, BTW) to remedy the situation.




I've been a bad blogger, so I'll post some bullet points to update what's going on in MaryAlice's world:

-Potty-training has started and going fairly well. I worry that I'll still be giving her gummy bears when she's 16 and goes poopy on the potty.

-She loves school and is doing well. She's now old enough to go on the playground everyday and her teachers say she loves it. I know its easier now to go to the park since she can climb and is steadier on her feet.

-Her language has taken off and she repeats everything I say, "Stop it kitty", "No touch mommy's coffee" and "Mommy is the boss".

That's all I can think of right now as I'm enjoying a cup of coffee during naptime. I should be doing laundry, or picking up toys, or studying, or exercising, or organizing papers, or cleaning out a closet. But, I'm not.

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Sharon she is so precious!!!! Loved the glasses, you might be on to a new product ~ change the color to match the outfit! :) We leave for China in 5 days, I cant believe that it is finally here!!! Thank you for all you did during our journey! Sending many blessings your way!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

OK....so cute. I must say I am a little jealous of the potty training. We have hit a little snag shall we say.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Tricia Thompson said...

MaryAlice is so grown up. I am so proud of her potty training. Keep up the good work MaryAlice. Maggie mocks everything I say but gratefully doesn't know what any of it means yet. I have to be careful now! LOL Love to you both!
Tricia

11:13 PM  
Blogger Diane and John said...

Happy New Year! I love the glasses. I am jealous that she is doing well with the potty. Julia does not want to use her potty to go to the bathroom just to put the lid on and use it as a step stool!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing, China

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Free Counters
Free Counters